Brand: Douglas Laboratories
Product Code: ultra-benfotiamine-DGL
Servings per Container: 60
Quantity per Container: 60 Veg Capsules
Ultra Benfotiamine is indicated for individuals that desire healthy outcomes of blood sugar metabolism such as healthy nerve function, kidney function, and vascular health.
Ultra Benfotiamine contains the fat-soluble thiamine vitamin called benfotiamine, plus activated vitamin B6, alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract and pine bark extract to support healthy peripheral circulation and the nervous system, normal kidney function, and AGE (advanced glycation end-product) inhibition that is related to healthy blood sugar metabolism.
Adults take 1 capsule twice daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule
- Servings Per Container 60
- Amount Per Serving
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (activated B6) 25 mg
- Benfotiamine (as BenfoPure®) 150 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg
- Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) (standardized to 90% polyphenols) 25 mg
- Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract 10 mg
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate, silica.
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Tamper resistant package, do not use if outer seal is missing.
Keep out of reach of children.
GLUCOSE METER / CONTOUR NEXT TEST STRIPS / ONE TOUCH ULTRA & ACCU CHEK
At AvaCare Medical, we carry a full line of diabetic testing supplies including glucose meters, blood sugar monitors, and diabetic test strips. With monitors and supplies from the best glucometer brands, from One Touch Ultra 2 to Accu Chek Aviva to Contour Next Test Strips, we’ve got all your needs covered!
What is a glucose meter?
Glucometers, also referred to as blood sugar monitors, glucose meters, and blood glucose meters, are measurement systems used by diabetics to self-measure the level of glucose or sugar in their bloodstream.
How accurate are home glucose meters?
Home glucometers are usually very accurate, although results generally differ from lab results.
To ensure that your glucose meter is giving you accurate readings, consider the following important factors which directly affect the accuracy of results:
Use blood glucose testing best practices.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your hands and the testing site prior to testing. This is crucial as dirt, alcohol and other substances present on skin can lead to incorrect results.
- Use fingertip samples. While some diabetics prefer testing their forearm, calf, thigh, or upper arm to reduce pain, these sites are only recommended when the blood sugar level is stable. The fingertip, on the other hand, is quick, easy and the most accurate testing site.
- Produce sufficient amount of blood. Try to apply a generously-sized blood globule to the test strip.
- Do not add additional samples once you’ve touched the glucose test strip with blood to avoid affecting the results.
- Test properly. If you do not insert the test strip fully into the glucose meter, your monitor can’t do its work properly, so make sure you’re doing it right the first time.
Take good care of your blood glucose monitoring supplies.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. For best results, store your blood sugar monitor at room temperature. The same rule applies to your test strips.
- Replace batteries regularly. Defective or dying batteries are a common cause of inaccurate glucose measurement readings. Replace monitor batteries as necessary to prevent this issue.
- Protect your test strips from damage. Store diabetic test strips in the original, sealed container and avoid exposure to humidity, moisture, and heat.
- Use the right test strips. Only use the strips intended for the monitor you use. If you are having a hard time finding compatible strips or find the current brand you are using too expensive, you may want to consider switching to another monitor.
- Always dispose of expired or used test strips. Glucose test strips are intended for single use and have an expiration date. Never use damaged or outdated test strips.