Have a question about this product?Ask us
Auto Re-Order & Save! More details
Glucose Control Solution McKesson Quintet AC™ Blood Glucose Testing (2) 4 mL Vials Normal / High
- Packaged: 2 Vials Per Box, 100 Boxes Per Case
- 2) 4 mL Vials
- For use with QUINTET® Blood Glucose Meter System (#5055)
- Not made with natural rubber latex
Manufacturer Name:McKesson Brand
Application:Glucose Control Solution
Brand or Series:McKesson Quintet AC™
For Use With:QUINTET®?Blood Glucose Meter System
Latex Free Indicator:Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
Levels:Normal / High
Quantity Per Sell:100
Volume:(2) 4 mL Vials
GLUCOSE METER / CONTOUR NEXT TEST STRIPS / ONE TOUCH ULTRA & ACCU CHEK
At AvaCare Medical, we carry a full line of diabetic testing supplies including glucose meters, blood sugar monitors, and diabetic test strips. With monitors and supplies from the best glucometer brands, from One Touch Ultra 2 to Accu Chek Aviva to Contour Next Test Strips, we’ve got all your needs covered!
What is a glucose meter?
Glucometers, also referred to as blood sugar monitors, glucose meters, and blood glucose meters, are measurement systems used by diabetics to self-measure the level of glucose or sugar in their bloodstream.
How accurate are home glucose meters?
Home glucometers are usually very accurate, although results generally differ from lab results.
To ensure that your glucose meter is giving you accurate readings, consider the following important factors which directly affect the accuracy of results:
Use blood glucose testing best practices.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your hands and the testing site prior to testing. This is crucial as dirt, alcohol and other substances present on skin can lead to incorrect results.
- Use fingertip samples. While some diabetics prefer testing their forearm, calf, thigh, or upper arm to reduce pain, these sites are only recommended when the blood sugar level is stable. The fingertip, on the other hand, is quick, easy and the most accurate testing site.
- Produce sufficient amount of blood. Try to apply a generously-sized blood globule to the test strip.
- Do not add additional samples once you’ve touched the glucose test strip with blood to avoid affecting the results.
- Test properly. If you do not insert the test strip fully into the glucose meter, your monitor can’t do its work properly, so make sure you’re doing it right the first time.