Lightweight Wheelchair McKesson Dual Axle Flip Back, Padded, Removable Arm Style Mag Wheel Black 18 Inch Seat Width 300 lbs. Weight Capacity
- Precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long-lasting performance and reliability
- 8″ front caster wheels provide a smooth ride over most surfaces
- Push-to-lock wheel breaks for added security
- Removable, flip-back arms
- Swing away footrests are equipped with tool-free adjustable length riggings
- Dual axle provides easy transition to hemi-level seat height allows rider to use feet to independently propel
- Molded handles for attendant’s comfort and secure grip
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Packaged: 1 Each
- Carbon steel frame with a textured, silver-vein finish for enhanced visual appeal and ease of maintenance
- Nylon upholstery is lightweight, and breathable for user’s lasting comfort
- Urethane tires are mounted on mag-style, composite wheels to provide durability and a smooth ride over most surfaces
Sell UOM: EA
Manufacturer Name: McKesson Brand
Manufacturer Number: 146-K318DDA-SF
Application: Lightweight Wheelchair
Brand or Series: McKesson
LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELCHAIRS / ULTRALIGHT WHEELCHAIRS
Lightweight wheelchairs are great for users and caregivers: They allow ease of movement, and are easy to fold and store. Some wheelchairs can even be considered ultra lightweight due to their lighter frame types. These models are great for individuals with active lifestyles, who are often on the go, and involved in all sorts of physical activities. There are many different types of lightweight wheelchair models, with varying features, so that each individual can find one that meets his preferences.
Lightweight Manual Wheelchairs
Manual wheelchairs are basic wheelchairs that are not powered by a battery. These ultralight wheelchairs are self-propelled; either by the user moving his hands along on the casters, pushing them forward repeatedly, or by using one’s legs to maneuver the wheelchair about. Options for these lightweight standard wheelchairs include seating size options, seating materials, wheel spoke options, wheel sizes, frame type, adjustable arms, swing back arms and legs, hand brakes, wheel brakes, and so much more.
Lightweight Bariatric Wheelchairs
The frame of a lightweight bariatric wheelchair is always constructed from a durable frame material. For example, Bariatric wheelchairs with carbon steel frames have a weight capacity of 700 pounds. Reinforced steel gussets are located at all weight bearing points of the frame to provide maximum strength. And yet, even though due to their sturdiness they can bear very high weight capacities, these wheelchairs are still extraordinary lightweight. They are also quite comfortable; these ultra lightweight wheel chairs feature reinforced durable nylon upholstery. Both the frame and front forks and casters are heavy duty, and the frame features dual cross bars to help with durability, strength, and to enhance safety.
Lightweight Folding Wheelchairs
Folding light wheelchairs are more common than many have been wont to think. Actually, most manual wheelchairs fold for easy storage and transport. The average weight of a manual wheelchair is around 35 and 40 pounds, while lightweight wheelchairs, in contrast, are often between 27 and 35 pounds.
The frame type of a folding ultralight weight wheelchair can greatly reduce the weight of a folding lightweight wheelchair. Added features such as various spoke types, steel or composite Mag style, and riggings such as footrest and leg rests can also impact the weight of the wheelchair.