- Durable, tig-welded frame with gray powder coat finish.
- Swing-back arms with easy flip back arm release.
- Dual axle hemi-height adjustable.
- Smooth-rolling solid flat-free latex tires.
- Adjustable-height back; Comfortable nylon upholstery.
- Arm style: swing back desk length; Leg styles available: detachable footrest and detachable elevating footrest.
- Seat sizes come in: 16″ x 16″ (41 cm x 41 cm), 18″ x 16″ (46 cm x 41 cm) and 20″ x 18″ (51 cm x 46 cm).
- 300-lb (136 kg) weight capacity.
- Optional accessories: O2 Holder (item MDS85181U), Anti-Fold Device (item MDS85196), I.V. Pole (MDS85183), Overhead Anti-Theft Device (item MDS85197A), O2/I.V. Combo (item MDS85190), Anti-Tip Device (item MDS85189WK4), Tinnerman Legrest Locks (item WCA806991).
- Picture is representative of this wheelchair line; please check specification table on each individual sku for specific product details
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65 Warnings.ca.gov.
- MRI Compatible: No
- PREFERRED BRAND: Preferred
- PRODUCT TYPE: K4 Lightweight Extra Wide Whee
- 1 Each / Each
Mri Compatible: No
Product Type: K4 Lightweight Extra Wide Whee
Wc Arm Style: Swing Back Desk
Wc Chair Type: Lightweight
Wc Leg Style: Elevating
PORTABLE WHEELCHAIRS / LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL WHEELCHAIRS
Portable wheelchairs are a popular option among frequent travelers who are looking for a compact mobility aid that offers the maximum support while taking up the minimal amount of packing space. At AvaCare Medical, we understand people’s needs, know what they’re looking for, and, therefore, carry dependable lightweight travel wheelchairs from some of the most reputable medical supplies brands in the industry.
Why to Choose a Portable Wheelchair
There are many reasons why someone may choose a lightweight portable wheelchair, but one thing remains certain – portable wheelchairs are able to be moved easily from one location to another, and can be stored easily and is a great manual wheelchair option. This is why these lightweight folding wheelchairs are perfect for traveling. Combine this with the comfort factor and numerous other benefits (which will be listed later), and one can see why our chairs serve as the perfect regular means of mobility, or as a back-up solution for an electric model.
Many options exist in terms of electronic portable wheelchairs, such as the Titan LTE Portable Power Chair. However, manual wheelchairs remain popular due to their smooth transfer capabilities and reasonable price.
Safety Features of a Portable Wheelchair
Removable Flip-Back Armrests
Having armrests that can swing up and back or be completely removable is important, since it provides the user with a bit more moving space, and yet still allows for the wheelchair to be safe and secure. Armrests also aid in convenience when it comes to transferring from the wheelchair to another spot (like a chair or even a bath transfer bench).