Have a question about this product?Ask us
Auto Re-Order & Save! More details
The Drive Medical Gel Foam Wheelchair Seat Cushion is designed with comfort and pressure relief in mind. The cushion is constructed with a gel bladder surrounded by high density foam to mold comfortably to the user. As an added bonus the breathable cover can easily be removed and washed to ensure a safe and sanitary condition. All these features ensure proper skin integrity and help prevent pressure ulcers and sores.
- The General Use Gel “E” 2″ Seat Cushion is a pressure reduction cushion that is designed to assist in the prevention, treatment, and management of pressure ulcers
- High-Density foam encapsulates a viscous gel bladder that provides proper immersion and envelopment around the bony prominences
- The zippered, removable and replaceable cover is made of a fluid-proof, urethane-coated nylon top cover, and fluid-proof vinyl bottom cover for durability
- Great pressure relief
- Helps prevent ulcers
- Liquid-proof washable cover
|Actual Product Weight:4.4 lbs|
Cover Material:Fluid Resistant Nylon Top
Waterproof Vinyl Bottom
Overall Product Height:2″
Overall Product Length:18″
Overall Product Width:16″
Primary Product Color:Blue
Primary Product Material:Foam
Product Weight Capacity:250 lbs
GEL FOAM SEAT CUSHION / GEL FOAM CUSHIONS FOR WHEELCHAIRS
Gel foam seat cushions are a ‘hybrid’ cushion composed of both medical-grade, gel as well as foam. AvaCare Medical has a large line of gel foam cushions and gel-infused cushions engineered by top providers such as Skil-Care, Medline, and Drive Medical. Some users want an affordable cushion that provides more support than just basic foam, and gel foam cushions for wheelchairs can provide that very benefit
Benefits of Gel Foam Seat Cushions
If you’re looking for a supportive cushion, gel foam seat cushions offer premium support as well as numerous health benefits for their users. They are designed to allow even weight distribution while still being able to provide comfortable foam cushioning. Both gel and foam have been used for years in medical facilities and for at home use. By combining these two materials to create a memory gel seat cushion, one can expect to achieve the best of both worlds. Some of the benefits of such a cushion are:
Gel Cushion Benefits
- Gel is known to help protect a user’s skin better than simple foam, since it absorbs more pressure.
- Because of this ability to hold more pressure, gel disperses the user’s weight evenly across the entirety of the pad and allows more comfort and support for users with less natural cushion.
- Gel is also known to be able to prevent pressure sores (bedsores), and is even helpful for those who are paralyzed because they have to sit so long in a cushion.
- In terms of movement, gel cushions provide fatigue-relieving abilities without the amount of friction that other cushions can cause.
- Many people can benefit from gel cushions, including those who have chronic and persistent back pain, degenerative hips, numbness in the legs, and users who are diabetic.
- Gel cushions are extremely low-maintenance and yet provide excellent positioning support and a sturdy seating surface.