dynarex® Oral Swabstick Untreated
- Individually wrapped
- Gently cleans, moistens and refreshes mouth, teeth and gums
- Raised foam ridges remove particles and mucous for enhanced oral hygiene
|Sell UOM: BX|
Manufacturer Name: Dynarex
Manufacturer Number: 1218
Application: Oral Swabstick
Dimension UOM: IC
Weight UOM: LB
Impregnated Ingredient: Untreated
Latex Free Indicator: Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
Quantity Per Sell: 250
Shaft Material: Plastic
Tip Material: Foam Tip
BIOTENE MOUTHWASH & DENTURE CLEANERS / ORAL CARE
AvaCare Medical carries countless oral care products, including Biotene Mouthwash, denture cleaners, dry mouth spray, Orajel and so much more. These products help seniors, adults and children to maintain their oral health.
Preventive care and maintenance of your teeth and gums can help reduce the risk of gum disease, tooth decay, and many other serious oral-related issues. Left untreated, these problems can cause serious infections which can spread to your blood, your brain, and other parts of your body. Here are a few quick guides that will help you to care for your oral health properly.
How to Remedy Dry Mouth
Many seniors take medications that can cause xerostomia, which is also referred to as dry mouth. Hundreds of prescription medications are known to cause dry mouth, and the more medicines you take, the more likely you are to suffer from dry mouth. OTC cold remedies, antidepressants, and antihistamines are just a few of the common medications that cause dry mouth. In addition, dry mouth can oftentimes come along as a side effect with certain medical conditions including diabetes, stroke, and yeast infection (thrush).
Symptoms of dry mouth include the following:
- A red, parched look around the mouth
- Difficulty eating or speaking
- Burning sensation on the lips or tongue
- Trouble swallowing
- You start drinking more water during meals
- Stickiness around the lips.
- Saliva has a white tinge and is thicker than normal
- Your adhesive dentures have become loose and ill-fitting