Have a question about this product?Ask us
Auto Re-Order & Save! More details
Highly Absorbent, Contains a Polyurethane Backing
Copa™ Island Ultra-Soft Foam Dressing is an ultrasoft, hydrophilic foam that protects and cushions wounds. Small pores decrease the chance of tissue migration into the foam dressing. A gentle adhesive allows for a secure fit to help protect and cushion the wound site.
- Highly absorbent, hydrophilic foam wound dressing.
- Ultra-soft, non-adherent pad.
- Highly conformable in difficult to dress areas.
- Wide variety of convenient sizes.
- T-cut drain sponge for tubes and catheters.
- Small pores decrease the chance of tissue migration into the foam dressing.
- A gentle adhesive allows for a secure fit to help protect and cushion the wound site.
- Contains a polyurethane backing designed to help prevent leakage and dressing strike-through.
- Square Shape
- with 2″ L x 2″ W pad
- Highly absorbent
- Contains a Polyurethane Backing
Weight 0.4 lbs
Packaging 10 Each / Box
Shipping Dimensions 6.2 X 2.8 X 7.1 IN
FOAM DRESSING / SILICONE FOAM DRESSING
Foam dressings absorb exudate while keeping the wound area optimally moist. These silicone foam dressings are flexible, and contain thermal properties. They are very unlikely to cause trauma to the wound when being removed, and help cushion the wound so that trauma is less likely to occur. Due to their ability to cushion the wound, foam wound dressings are an excellent choice for heels, hips, elbows, and areas of bone that are close to the skin surface.
Constructed of semipermeable polyurethane, these dressings are made up of tiny empty cells (that are sometimes impregnated with other materials) which can hold fluid. The thicker the foam, the more cells there will be, and, hence, the more absorbent the foam dressing will be. These dressings provide the wound with exudate with the moisture it needs to heal properly.
Benefits of Bordered Foam Dressings
Foam dressings with borders are one of the most popular choices of dressings for wound care, and for good reason: these dressings come along with a slew of benefits. Below you’ll find the principal advantages of bordered foam dressings.
These dressings retain moisture. A moist wound environment is known to be optimal, and can help the wound to heal at the most accelerated rate possible. Foam border dressings, which retain moisture so well, are therefore one of the most popular types of dressings used in the healthcare industry.